“Do you fit our profile?”
Careers with Australian Steel provide exciting opportunities for all.
Working with us
Australian Steel is a dynamic organisation that continues to grow in an increasingly competitive market. The knowledge within and across our company creates an exciting environment for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals.
Comprehensive in house training to all new members of staff ensures retention of knowledge within the business and the development of future industry leaders.
People with relevant skills in sales, programming, plasma & oxy cutting should apply
1. WELDER/FABRICATOR – CNC MACHINIST FIRST CLASS (CNC OXY/PLASMA) (13/4/2017)
We are currently looking for an experienced welder/fabricator & cutting operator for our growing manufacturing company in the Braeside area.
Key requirements for this role include:
GENERAL WELDING EXPERIENCE:
- Preparing metal stock.
- Studying specifications and drawings to determine the particular requirements of a job.
- Using equipment such as torches, metal cutting machines and hand tools to shape and bend materials.
- Aligning and joining sections.
- Reviewing workmanship for quality and precision.
- Cleaning, polishing and filing finished products.
- Filing, chiselling and grinding welds.
- Operation of CNC multi torch (up to 6) oxy-cutting machine OR
- Operation of multi-head (4) high definition plasma cutting machine.
- Using appropriate size plates for best yield and minimising scrap.
- Ability to load and unload material with overhead cranes.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
This opportunity is offered as a permanent full time position and offers a great career opportunity to work and grow within our organization.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that by applying to our organization you accept that your application will be held on our systems and databases and may be used in consideration for this or any other role which me may deem you potentially suitable.
Salary package will be negotiated based on experience and qualifications.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org